A few days ago, I was surprised and delighted to find I had been nominated for the Liebster Award. My very grateful thanks go to A Writer’s Alibi where you will find the works of Maura D. and M.J., two very talented writers who I will definitely be watching out for in the future.
Without further ado, here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Link and thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions they asked you
3. Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200(the rules vary on this amount, different versions say anywhere from 200-3,000) followers to nominate them.
4. Ask them eleven questions
5. Let them know by commenting on one of their posts
1. What made you start blogging?
I loved reading other blogs, but could never quite find the courage to start one of my own. Then one day, I did it – just like that. I can be a bit of a ditherer.
2. What is your preferred book genre?
3. What do you hope to get out of your blog?
I hope it will give me more confidence with sharing my writing with the world. Oh, the fear of sharing your writing with others. Despite wanting to be a published author. Something doesn’t quite add up there, does it?
4. What is the last book your read?
‘The Night Circus’ by Erin Morgenstern. Oh my. I’m still not over that book. It was one of the most enchanting books I have ever read. I read it all in three hours on a train and felt like I was there, in that wonderful, magical world. Read that book. You will not regret it.
5. What is one thing you want your followers to know about you?
I like you.
6. If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would it be?
An elephant. But I don’t think an exotic animal could ever be a pet. I would have to live with my elephant friend in the wild.
7. What is your dream destination?
Somewhere with forests and mountains.
8. What are your other hobbies?
I like to draw and paint things. And playing the odd computer game in phases of utter obsession.
9. Are you a morning or night person?
Erm… I think neither. I hate getting up in the morning, but can never stay awake at night. I must be a midday kind of person.
10. What is one item you could never live without?
11. What is your favourite season or type of weather?
The early autumn mornings when the air is crisp and misty and the cobwebs are glittering with dew. Everything seems a little bit more magical.
And now for my nominations – here we go!
My questions for you:
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What was your first ever blog post about?
- Where is your favourite place to write?
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
- What have you been doing today?
- Do you have a favourite author?
- What was the last thing you wrote about?
- Would you rather live in a grand castle or a cosy cottage?
- What was the first story you remember writing?
- Do you have favourite letters of the alphabet?
- What is your biggest aspiration?